MLFAS, Inc. Detox & Immune Support™ - 2oz
Not your average "bird greens", our MLFAS, Inc. Detox & Immune Support™ mix is a good source of vitamins and minerals to support immune health, while also providing nature's best antibiotic, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. After several years of research and implementation in our own aviary, we've used this mix for immune support, but also to backtrack, detoxify birds, and help restore a healthy immune system to both our own birds and those brought to us after the wrong medications were used causing system wide damage. We have had excellent success with its use. See our article "What Your Birds Need: The Full Monty" for more information about the vitamins & minerals your birds need to remain happy, healthy & prolific.
CAUTION: Settling WILL occur during shipping. Mix this product fully before feeding. May cause respiratory distress if dust is inhaled. Take precautions when mixing.
For immune health -
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon per bird at least 2x, but no more than 3x per week, year round. Finger Treat cups are perfect for single birds, while seed cups in a variety of forms work well in a larger flock situation.
For detoxification -
- BEFORE feeding this mix, observe droppings, belly, skin color and texture, and weigh the affected bird - record all results for later comparison. If at all possible, PHOTOGRAPH your findings.
- Segregate the affected bird into a hospital cage. Heat is not necessary unless the bird is totally down.
- Do not feed wet or soft foods, offering dry seed only - NO liquid, oil, or powdered supplements during this time.
- Allow the bird to eat as much as it wants for 7 consecutive days. At the end of 7 days, again observe the droppings, belly, skin color and texture, and weigh the bird. Note any changes from the baseline you took previously. If the bird has consumed enough of the mix, you should notice pinker, smoother skin, tighter droppings and a slight weight increase. These are all positive signs the bird is consuming enough of the mix to detoxify its system.
- Leaving the bird in segregation, feed only plain seed for a second week, recording the same observations you made the first week.
- During week 3, feed the mix as you did during week 1. The end of week 3 should end your detoxification process, though a severely affected bird may require another break and another week on the mix.
Parsley - natural source of the antioxidants beta carotene and Vitamin A, Parsley is also a good source of Vitamins C & K. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is wonderful for immune support. Parsley is the key ingredient aiding in the detoxification process.
Oregano - has natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It is used to treat respiratory, gastrointestinal and urinary tract issues. Oregano also repels insects such as mites and mosquitoes externally, while helping to eliminate internal parasites such as protozoa and worms. It contains Iron, Manganese, Vitamin E, Iron, Calcium, Omega Fatty acids, Vitamin K, and dietary antioxidants. Helps support immune health.
Turmeric - potent natural anti-inflammatory with antibiotic properties. Helps maintain healthy skin & eyes. Is used for liver support, urinary tract health and kidney issues - and is even used to help eliminate worms.
Black Pepper - possesses natural antibiotic characteristics. Contains Manganese, Vitamin K, Copper, Calcium, Iron and Vitamin C. In addition, it contains Piperine which helps increase the bio-availability of all other beneficial ingredients in this mix. Aids in elimination of bacterial issues and helps support immune system health.
INGREDIENTS: Human grade Parsley, Oregano, Turmeric, Whole Black Peppercorn, Crushed Black Peppercorn
PACKAGING: This product comes in 2oz size - 7" x 5" x 3" bag. This product is potent. Use ONLY as directed!
***KEEP SEALED & REFRIGERATED WHEN NOT IN USE. Light will adversely affect the effectiveness of this product.