BRAGG Organic UNPASTEURIZED Apple Cider Vinegar
Our BRAGG Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is made from the finest organically grown apples.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar contains the 'mother' of vinegar which occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules and is highly regarded throughout history. In 400 BC Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing natural qualities.
Some of those qualities include the ability to help with the following issues:
- Skin & Feather Conditions – Apple cider vinegar is one of the popular for skin & feather conditions because it can help naturally kill the bacteria that causes skin & feather problems. Oftentimes feather cysts are genetic, but sometimes they can be caused by blocked follicles somewhat like acne in a teenager. Allowing the birds to bathe in ACV once per week can help reduce feather cysts caused by too much oil or dirt in their feathers. If your birds are terribly itchy during the molt, add some ACV to their bath water to break up that extra oil, wash away the dirt and give instant soothing relief to itchy birds. NOTE: When used too often, ACV will completely break down the natural oil of the feathers leaving them dry and brittle and without any glossy sheen. We do not advise using ACV in the bath more than once per week – especially for show birds – unless specifically treating for a skin or feather condition. 2 tsp per quart of water for bath water.
- Enteritis – While we do believe in Dr.
Rob Marshall’s sterile bowel theory, we also find that occasionally our birds
need something to help detox and “sweeten the gut”. BRAGG unpasteurized ACV is the perfect fix. It
has natural probiotics that feed the good bacteria and kill the bad. It helps
to restore healthy gut flora.1/4 tsp per quart of water, offered in the drinking water for as long as necessary. ACV CAN be combined with all medications but NOT other water cleansers.
- Sinus Infection & Nasal Congestion – Potassium can help decrease mucus production, and apple cider vinegar is full of potassium. It also contains acetic acid, which prevents bacteria growth. Offered in the drinking water, ACV helps to build immune response and control nasal congestion. 1/4 tsp per quart of water, offered in the drinking water for as long as necessary. ACV CAN be combined with all medications but NOT other water cleansers.
- Obesity – An obese bird often will not breed, or if it does, the eggs may be infertile. Apple cider vinegar can increase metabolism and aid in digestion which help to keep the bird’s weight down. Over time, you should see improvement just from adding ACV to their daily diet. 1/4 tsp per quart of water, offered in the drinking water for as long as necessary. ACV CAN be combined with all medications but NOT other water cleansers.
- Foot Problems – Bumblefoot, scaly leg mites, tasslefoot and gout are all foot issues that can cause our birds grief. Soaking the bird’s affected foot/feet in warm water mixed with apple cider vinegar and allowing them to allow to air dry before applying any other medication is a start. The ACV kills bacteria and dissolves scaly buildup. Add ½ cup ACV to every quart of warm water, soak, then air dry. DO NOT RINSE.
- Bacterial, Protozoal, Yeast Issues,
Upper Respiratory issues are all affected by Apple cider vinegar. While
not a “cure”, ACV lowers the pH of the drinking water making it
inhospitable to those issues. Treatment, however, may be required for
several weeks in conjunction with other regularly prescribed medications. ACV
is a fantastic immune booster, protecting and strengthening your bird’s body
against colds and upper respiratory issues. Because of its natural
disinfectant properties, it is perfect for disinfecting wounds. ACV has
been used in laboratory test. NOTE: it is best to test your water to observe the pH level first. You want to reach a level of 5.3-5.5. Our water here is 7.0-7.2 - 1/4 tsp ACV per quart of water is enough to bring the pH down to 5.5. Use aquarium test strips to test your water.